SCUBA Diving Travel in the Caribbean
At SPE Dive School, we have spent many years identifying ideal locations for SCUBA diving travel. We have learned that Caribbean SCUBA diving (and SCUBA in Grand Cayman, especially) is the best SCUBA diving travel option for our students.
Why SCUBA in Grand Cayman?
For the past 20 years, each month SPE Dive School, LLC students have enjoyed a unique SCUBA diving travel and dive vacation training experience on Grand Cayman Island, one of the world's highest rated and safest diving locales. Why do we take so many trips to GCI when there are so many dive spots in the Caribbean? Cayman is the best Caribbean SCUBA diving location whether you're a beginning diver, advance certified or just along for the ride! Here's why:
- Short flight time (3-hours DC to Grand Cayman International) - Arrive on Friday and leave as early as Sunday or stay as long as you wish!
- Maximum comfort with water visibility the highest in the Caribbean (200 - 300ft) - See your buddies and boat at all times during your dive. Water temperatures range from a low of 83° to a high of 89°, which means no heavy wetsuits!
- No dangerous marine animals, sharks, sea snakes, or man-of-wars to deal with - The toughest part of diving in the Cayman Islands is fanning away the friendly fish that love to ham it up for your underwater camera.
- Calm water, no strong currents to make you fatigued or sea-sick.
- Over 250 world-famous dive sites provide perfect diving conditions on all four sides of the island. Master Instructor Mike Parker has even discovered one particularly pristine site, which the locals dedicated to him, naming it 'Parker's Ledge'.
- The world's highest safety and service standards are proudly practiced by the Cayman Islands' dive operations, ranked by industry leaders as #1 in the Caribbean. Qualified staff assist all dives and attention to superior customer service is given at all times.
- Environmental preservation is Grand Cayman Island's number one priority and strongly enforced, enabling the region around the island to be classified as a protected marine park.
- Large, fast dive boats with small groups of friendly people. We use the island's best and friendliest dive operation. Dive Instructors and Dive Masters guide and assist on every dive to ensure comfort and safety.
- Worry-free transportation. Just bring your equipment and leave the driving to us! Take advantage of worry-free transportation to and from dive sites and the island's favorite dining locations.
- This is some of the easiest and most carefree diving you'll ever experience! You can see why Grand Cayman is the best Caribbean SCUBA diving. Check the calendar for the next Grand Cayman Island trip or download our Cayman Islands Open Water Certification Cost Sheet and Cayman Islands Itinerary.
Top of the Page
Visit our Photo Gallery to upload and share your SPE trip photos.
SCUBA Diving Travel Forms and Flyers
All of our forms are saved in Adobe Acrobat format. You will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader in order to view them. If you do not have the Adobe Acrobat Reader, you may click on the Acrobat button below, which will take you to the Adobe homepage. From there, follow the instructions to download the Reader.
In addition, some of these forms are large and may take a minute to download. Please be patient.